- Article to be sent to Senate on Monday, setting up trial
- Lloyd Austin confirmed as Biden’s defense secretary
- Biden team in race against time against new Covid strain
- Biden executive orders target minimum wage and food insecurity
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Brian Deese, the director of the National Economic Council, kicked off the White House briefing by outlining the executive orders that Joe Biden will sign this afternoon.
“Our economy is at a very precarious moment,” Deese told reporters. “It’s a moment that requires decisive action to beat this pandemic and support the economic recovery that Americans need.”
The White House is now holding a press briefing focused on the executive orders Joe Biden will sign today to help boost the US economy.
The briefing is led by Jen Psaki, the White House press secretary, and Brian Deese, the director of the National Economic Council.